15/04/2010

Have you had your Weetabix?

A life without Weetabix is a life not worth living. It is the reason why I forsake the cosy cocoon that is my bed and brave the cold and gloomy morning. Like rocket fuel, Weetabix propells me through the day. Each warm and velvety spoonful spreads ripples of contented well-being throughout my entire body leaving me rejuvenated and ready for anything. It is the breakfast of a true warrior.

Hot and frothy milk with a swirl of sweet honey transforms these innocuous nuggets of wholegrain wheat into a steaming bowl of thick and foamy goodness. I don't believe in chewing first thing in the morning. Weetabix fulfills this decadent desire. It oozes down my throat and sits in the pit of my stomach radiating a pleasant heat like logs of wood in a fireplace.

Texture is the Prima Ballerina whilst taste and smell are the supporting dancers. It has crudely been likened to the gruel in the tale of Oliver Twist. But, I believe that it's powers of comfort are immeasurable. Stomach aches, hangovers and the blues, Weetabix can cure anything. This is more than just a breakfast, it's medicine for the soul.

So, have you had your Weetabix?

4 comments:

  1. Only you could make orphanage gruel sound so tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t go that far but I know what they mean. I love weetabix with hot milk. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. warm weetabix is my favourite as well, in fact I just had it this morning:)

    ReplyDelete