06/03/2010

From France, with love

Drinking Fairmin Blanc Limé is like being carried away to a fragrant meadow on a wave of sparkling sunshine. Every sip of this heavenly blend of French white wine and Artisan lemonade paints pictures in my mind of succulently sweet strawberries, puffs of clouds floating across a bright blue sky and flowers dancing in a gentle breeze. It is, quite literally, a perfect summer's day captured in a bottle. And, I feel utterly glamorous whenever I drink it.

Where else would I make such a wonderous discovery but at Borough Market, London's treasury of gourmet food. My attention was captured by the arrangement of seductively vintage bottles on top of an old barrel, beautifully labelled with names such as Faustin, Elixia, and Fairmin. How could I resist this tantalising invitation? Somehow, I just knew that this would be something special.

Think I'm exaggerating? I urge you, nay dare you, to try it yourself and not fall in love. Three large bottles cost just £7.50, practically criminal considering how good this drink is. I cannot wait to return and buy every single flavour. My tastebuds are tingling with anticipation. In the meantime, my sun-basked meadow will just have to wait...

3 comments: